Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday

Dear Friends and Family,

Oy. It's Tuesday and I already feel behind. How is that possible? I know why. The house is a little bit messier. The to do list is a little bit longer. Work, old work, is just not engaging anymore. And, I'm shocked to realize a half year has already passed since P's birthday.

Last night, P got caught in a lie. She brought home two things from school. She claimed her teacher said it was okay for her to bring them home. Then, when I pegged her in the evening on which teacher and would the teacher agree if I asked him, she broke down in tears and confessed that she hadn't really asked her teacher before pocketing the two things and bringing them home.

There's a part of me that feels for P. I know she didn't mean it maliciously. And, it's tough to explain the difference between picking up something discarded and bringing it home and taking something that doesn't belong to you and bringing it home. I think it's just easier to say, if it doesn't belong to you, don't bring it home. I think.

It might be easier raising a puppy.

Well. It's Tuesday. I think I'll try to get the house a little neater. And, I'll try to get a couple of things scratched off of the to do list. I guess first thing's first. Time to get ready for work.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: