Monday, January 08, 2007

01.08.06: City by the Bay

Dear Friends and Family,

We went out to San Francisco over the weekend to attend a friend's wedding. MK, the groom, is a close friend of mine. We did our summer internship together and shared a lot of common experiences. That being said, I wasn't sure if the weekend would be "worth" it since we would know 0 people at the wedding outside of the groom.

We had a lot of fun. We met a couple of people who didn't know anyone either and spent the cocktail hour with them. And, then, I ran into a person I knew from recruiting. I hadn't seen SC in over 10 years and it was good to catch up. We had amusing company at our dinner table. All in all, it was a fun evening. It was definitely worth it.

And, as you can tell from my prior posts, we had the chance to eat out a lot. Those burgers from In-N-Out, ah, heaven on a bun. I'm also a big fan of Culver's burgers. But, I digress. We hit the dim sum place again on Sunday before our flight back. And, there's a Japanese place, Sankaku, located by gate 70 in Terminal 3 in SFO, that has spam musubi for sale. We got the last one!

If you're wondering why I was posting over the weekend, it's because we had some down time before and after the wedding. Mr. mouse was watching TV and watching flights land. And, I was using the time to write on eating out. If you don't do it right away, it quickly fades into a low priority.

Both the flight out and the flight back were uneventful. I love living in a hub city. I say this now. I'm sure we'll have less than smooth experiences in the future, too.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: