Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mouse and Food

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm drawing an absolute blank on writing about food.

When I started Weight Watchers, I didn't know what ANYTHING was worth. And, when I entered in my food habits/routine the pointage made it unsustainable. So, I found myself at the supermarket, scouring the shelves, trying tons of new food ideas, looking for new foods to add to my routine.

Now, seven months into it, I've "settled" into a new routine, a new lifestyle. There are a lot of food options that work for me so I'm less motivated to constantly add new.

What did I eat yesterday? I always eat a little extra on Mondays because I work out on Tuesdays and need the extra energy. I have 22 points to work with every day and I use ~5-10 of my flex points for an added buffer.

Breakfast (4 points)

  • 2 cups tea (0 points)
  • 1/2 cup Fiber One (0 points)
  • 1 fat free Stonyfield yogurt, plain (1 point)
  • 1 large banana (2 points)
  • 9 grams almonds (1 point)
  • dash of cinnamon (0 points)
Lunch (7 points)
  • 2 slices honey whole wheat bread (2 points)
  • 2 oz roast beef (2 points)
  • 1 tsp butter (2 points)
  • lettuce leaf (0 points)
  • salt and pepper (0 points)
  • 1 bag Lay's Baked Original Chips, 1.125 oz (2 points)
Dinner (16 points)
  • 3 Wei Chuan Moo Shu Pancakes (5 points)
  • 6 oz Peking duck (10.5 points)
  • 1 tbs hoisin sauce (0.5 points)
Three square meals. I didn't feel hungry at any point in the day. I didn't feel like there was anything I wanted that I couldn't eat. I could have had turkey instead of roast beef. I could have skipped on the butter. I should have gotten more fruits and vegetables in. Call it a day and move on.

In case you haven't guessed, that means I've got no new food item for you this week. There's some new bread I bought, but I don't have a report out on it yet.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: