Monday, September 25, 2006

Weekend Update - Loose Ends

Dear Friends and Family,

Having trouble getting my act together today. Might be because I have so much going on this week.
  1. There's work, which, Murphy's Law guarantees gets hectic just when other stuff starts getting hectic. We spent all day today working on a presentation that isn't due for another month.
  2. Then, I'm out two days for an offsite. This involves driving to new places, change in eating routine, and lots of stuff going on that I haven't prepared for.
  3. Then, there's my interview on Thursday and all the prep work associate with it.
  4. Then, I'm flying down Friday to get my retainer fixed. It's been broken for weeks and this is the first good chance to get it taken care of.
Basically, too many loose ends, logistically. I need to make a list and get my hands around it all. Any one would be enough to handle in a week, much less all four. Argh.

This weekend went by in a blur. Saturday, we slept in. Then, we spent the day unpacking all of my fall clothes and assessing how much of it is still usable. We hit the supermarket. We roasted a chicken for dinner. We watched a lot of TV. Where did the day go? Sunday, we slept in. We spent the day cleaning the house from top to bottom. Then, our neighbors came over and we helped them spec out a new computer. Looked at pictures from Labor Day (which I still need to write about) and our Kauai vacation. Had a simple dinner. And, there went the weekend.

Feeling like having a special treat before organizing my head around what needs to be done this week. So many little details, so little time.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: