Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mouse's Top Three Update

Dear Friends and Family,

Not sure if you remember me writing before about my top 3. What it comes down to is I can focus on three things at any given time. With the change in seasons, it's time to revisit my priorities and make sure they're aligned with my goals.

My health and wellness. That's a given. It's not as all-consuming as it was, but it's still very important to me and something I want to continue making progress on.

My job hunt. Time to get that rolling. Time to start networking and reaching out to people I know.

Hmmm... There's tons of things I can put on the list. There's maintaining the house, there's keeping up with friends. There's my day job. But, there's one that's less urgent, more important. There's working to simplify our lives. And, that's one that's important to both Mr. mouse and me. I think I'll go with simplifying our lives. Oh, and there's budget. And, there's new wardrobe. The list never ends.

So, I've already done two things that run counter to simplifying our lives. One, I bought baseball play-off tickets which involves reselling tickets for games we can't go to and eventually submitting for a refund for tickets that get unused. Two, I agreed to meet up with an old friend whose fiance is in town. He wants to fly in so we can all meet. That involves me getting on a plane and potentially helping him get on a plane. All during a weekend when we were going to get on a plane to a third city. Going forward, simplify.

Okay. So, health, new job and simplification. I can do that. What's the order? I think that's the order. Done.

Oh, here's a bit to report. Yesterday, at the gym, I smiled at myself in the mirror (how vain!) and noticed a dimple in my left cheek. I had completely forgotten I ever had a dimple. And, now it's back. It made my day.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: