Thursday, September 28, 2006

Writing, from the top of the Empire State Building...

Dear Friends and Family,

Just kidding. I am not in New York. And, I am definitely not on top of the Empire State Building. I AM at the mouse pad. And, I brought my laptop, so it is weird writing from here with my computer vs. Mr. mouse's hand-me-down klunker.

Just having my morning tea and psyching myself out for the interview this afternoon. I should have taken the summer off to enjoy here in mouse town. It would have been time well spent. Sigh... Such is life.

The last two days at work were great. I went to a conference on leadership that was SO inspirational. So many great people. So many great speakers. So much commitment and passion and energy. On the surface, so many opportunities. It's easy to forget the day-by-day hell that is my reality and get sucked into the dream of what we can be. In the past two weeks, I've heard the two top leaders tell me, in small settings, the vision, the future. I want to stay. I want to do this. But, I can't. My department doesn't work that way. I want to tell them, your vision, it gets lost in the execution of bad managers and bad departments.

So, I go into the interviews today with hope and determination and a sense of loss. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me. I hope it all works out for "the best."

On a lighter note, on the radio the other day driving into work, I heard the old Michael McDonald song, "I Keep Forgetting." Again, transposing it from romance to work... you can see why I laugh!

I keep forgettin we're not in love anymore
I keep forgettin things will never be the same again
I keep forgettin how you made that so clear
I keep forgettin every time that you are near

Did it put a smile on your face too?


Cheers!
mouse


PS: (11:17 am update) just lazing on the hammock. love the roof top deck. gonna eat lunch up there. fabulous.

No comments: