Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend Update - Midwestern Mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

Hope your weekend went as well as ours.

Friday's blood donation went without a hitch. Short of donating online to your favorite charity, it's one of the easiest ways to give back. Also, since it's got zero impact on the checkbook, anyone can do it guilt-free.

Saturday morning, I did a VERY Midwestern Soccer Mom thing. I went stamping. One of my girlfriends is really into it. And, it's not a bad way to spend a couple of hours each quarter. I haven't found a use for the cards yet, so I'm not sure it's all making 100% sense to me. Maybe I should sell them... Or find the time to fill them out and share them with friends... Something... Still it was a good way to catch up with her and I have to confess, I had fun.

Saturday afternoon, I had even more fun. I napped. Blissful napping on the weekend. Life doesn't get any better than this. We went out in the evening to pick up a suit I had altered and ended up spending the better part of the evening shopping. I'm down another size pants-wise so we picked up a bunch of pairs. Nice.

Sunday morning, we met up with a friend to try a new restaurant. Malaysian food. I love trying new places. And, my friend raved about this one. It was delicious, as good as the Malaysian food we have with Mr. mouse's folks when we visit them over the holidays. We had the roti canai, which is a crepe-like "bread" served with chicken curry sauce. So yummy, I could eat the whole thing by myself. This is my all-time favorite Malaysian dish. We also had the chicken satay for an appetizer. For entrees, we ordered three dishes to share amongst us. We had the pineapple seafood fried rice, a nice blend of sweet and savory. We had the Malaysian green beans which are stir-fried in a spicy shrimp paste. And, we had the Hainan chicken, a simple soy sauce chicken dish.


Roti Canai
Chicken Satay
Pineapple Seafood Fried Rice
And to close, this weekend, barring an Indian summer, was the last weekend of good weather we had. This morning was a brisk fall morning with a definite bite in the air.

Happy Monday, everyone.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: