Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies

Dear Friends and Family,

Long day ahead of loose ends to set up a successful week.

Saturday, at the supermarket, Mr. mouse noticed some uber-ripe avocados. He picked up two to make some guacamole with... I could hardly wait... He also picked up a second can of Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies. (He wanted to use the first can and keep constant stock.)

Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
Now, he had my curiosity going. Our neighbors in Texas used to rant and rave about Ro*Tel. Mix it with anything and you've got instant Tex-Mex. We've had the can for close to a year now, but had never opened it. Looks like we were going to be opening the can of Ro*Tel.

The can says it all.

RO*TEL is the original Texas family recipe of plump, vine-ripened tomatoes blended with select green chilies and flavorful spices. It's the secret ingredient that makes ordinary recipes and dips come alive. A secret that originated in the sun-drenched Rio Grande Valley and spread across the country by word of mouth. Why? Because this Southwestern favorite brings mouth-watering zest to any dish. Just add RO*TEL to all your same old recipes and you'll see what we mean. Add a can. Lose the bland! You can RO*TEL the difference! For great recipes, visit us at
www.ro-tel.com.

Not for the faint-hearted. A single serving of Ro*Tel delivers a whopping 22% of your daily sodium allowance. Then, again, doubt you'll consume a single serving in a single serving. I had about a quarter serving in my guacamole. Given last week's heart incident, this might not have been the smartest thing to do. Oh well. Too late now.

The guac was yummy. And, I've got to say, I started thinking of a million and one things I'd like to try adding it to... Chili... Chicken... Cheese... Fajitas... It got me looking forward to my trip back to Austin this weekend. I can hardly wait.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: