Monday, May 05, 2008

05.05.08: Road Kill

Dear Friends and Family,

Saturday, after talking with my sister about all her issues, I decided to unwind and go to yoga class. Now, yoga at the office gym is gentle and relaxing and stretching and good. Turns out yoga at the home gym is quite the opposite. I left feeling like a puddle. It whooped me.

I spent Saturday afternoon napping while Mr. mouse organized the basement. Saturday night, we went out for Vietnamese. Then, we played Scrabble before turning in for the night. I was fidgety, and sore. But, it was nothing compared to when I woke up Sunday morning.

My hams, my abs, my shoulders, my whole body. Ow. Ow. Ow. And, ow. I stretched a little. Mr. mouse rubbed my muscles a little. We decided to go on a bike ride. The weather was perfect and we figured it'd be a good way to get some air and some exercise at the same time. The ride out was fabulous. The ride back... Well, I learned the difference between tailwind and headwind. And, it makes a difference in effort. We stopped for pie on the way back. And, all in all, I am glad we went. Even if the second half was hard.

We spent the rest of the day lazing on the hammock and soaking in the sun. I found a picture of a kitchen that may work for us. Still need to plot it out. But, definitely has potential. Then, we made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. A little CSI: Miami, a little ice cream, a little more muscle massage with white flower oil and mint lotion. And, we turned in for the night.

I'm still sore. I still ache. Hopefully, tomorrow I'm in tip top shape. If not, I have an hour of office yoga. And, that'll work out the remaining kinks while unwinding the mind.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Sara said...

I know all too well about head wind vs tail wind. Everytime Troy wants to go for a ride, my first questions is the wind...how fast and from which direction. If it's more that 15 mph, I seriously reconsider.