Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Cholesterol Numbers

Dear Friends and Family,

We had health screenings offered at work this week and I decided to take them up on the opportunity to get my blood work done to see where my cholesterol and glucose numbers were. Glucose hasn't been (knock on wood) an issue, so it was the cholesterol info I really wanted.

My total cholesterol hasn't been the issue. It was the mix between LDL (bad cholesterol) and HDL (good cholesterol) that's been issue. The LDL was a smidge over where I wanted it to be and the HDL was WAY under where I wanted it to be.

This time, the HDL went up 22% and is in the desirable range. And, the LDL went down 4% and is also in the desirable range. What's even more encouraging is the fact that the last three tests have all been trending in the right direction. I wonder when it'll top/bottom out? Well, until it does, I'm happy to report that I'm happy with where it's at right now.

Happy Friday!


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: