Tuesday, September 02, 2008

09.02.08: Wonderful Weather Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm at a loss for words as to how perfect the weather was this past weekend. It was sunny and warm with a cool breeze - all three days!

Saturday, I went on my long awaited walk. I got about eight miles in just enjoying the scene along the lake shore. Then, Saturday night we did IMAX: The Dark Knight. OMG, I want to see it again, now. The backgrounds were gorgeous. And, the Joker was brilliant. Saturday night, we slept outside for the first time this summer. Finally!

Sunday, we packed a picnic basket and headed back to the lake. We picnicked and read and sunbathed and went for a swim and napped and enjoyed ourselves royally. Then, we headed downtown to hear Ornette Coleman play at the Chicago Jazz Festival. I had a ton of fun. In fact, I'm debating making next summer the summer of street festivals and trying to attend "them all."

Monday, I got as far as my hammock. I did a couple of chores around the house while nursing my blistered foot and then went upstairs to read on the hammock. We decided to break the rules and slept upstairs on a school night. We couldn't resist.

Oh, and how can I forget - Mr. mouse took me to dinner Friday night, at Spring. We ordered an oyster apiece, all five of the warm appetizers and then we split an entree and desert. It was delicious, but I was a too exhausted to do much besides pass out after dinner.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: