Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weighing In on the Bailout

Dear Friends and Family,

It's not often I discuss politics or religion or other controversial topics here. But, being I've already written both my senator and my representative about the topic, figure it's fair game to share with friends and family.

I'm damn proud of the House Republicans for having the balls to reject the bailout plan. I think it's bullshit that Wall Street wants a bailout. You made the bed, you sleep in it. The economy may come to a screeching halt, but if that's what it takes to recover in the long run, then that's what it takes. The arrogant, pompous $%^#@! won't learn otherwise. They'll just assume there's another bailout around the corner.

Granted, our investments are in the toilet. That's okay. We'll manage. Like I told a colleague at work, we don't live a fancy lifestyle. I've been poor before, I'm not afraid of being poor again. We don't have car loans, we don't have student loans. We have a very modest house loan which, hopefully, will be paid off in a couple of years at the rate we've been going. And, we have a year's worth of cash in an FDIC insured account.

As far as we're concerned, bring it on!

Okay, now that you all know we're crazy, time to get ready for work.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: BTW, videos like this one do nothing to endear them to me.

No comments: