Monday, September 08, 2008

09.08.08: Road Trip

Dear Friends and Family,

My sister's getting married in three weeks. And, my mom was going to come out to spend the weekend and to help my sister get her dress fitted. And, I was planning on going down to meet up with them and spend some quality time with my mother and my sister.

Notice the past tense in all of this. It didn't quite go down that way. My mom tripped over some stuff Saturday morning and lost her balance and fell and broke her wrist. With a fair bit of urging on our part, she stayed at home to rest and recover. And, instead, Mr. mouse and I drove down together to meet our future brother-in-law this weekend.

I slept a good piece of Saturday on the way down. We went down to Gray Brothers Cafe for dinner. My sister loves their fried chicken. Mr. mouse got the chicken and it's good. I opted for the roast beef with corn and green beans. Then, we went back to the house and watched Batman Begins which none of us had seen. By the time we were done, it was midnight and we turned in for the night.

Sunday, we all slept in. Then, we headed to The Indianapolis Museum of Art for brunch at Puck's. I had waffles and bacon and sausage. Then, I had a plate of jumbo peel and eat shrimp. Then, I had a sampling of the sole and duck with cantaloupe and honeydew, followed by dessert - bread pudding, macaroons, cobbler and a raisin cup. No wonder I slept a good piece of the ride up. Food coma central.

Sunday night, we went to Borders and then made dinner at home - pepper steak and green beans with rice. I think if we lived with my sister I'd quickly go back to the pre-Weight Watchers weight. It's food everywhere in that state.

Monday. Time for some tea and relaxation.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: