Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Weight of the World...

Dear mouse journal,

I know it's normal to have up days and down days and sometimes you need the down days to remind you of how good the up days are. Yesterday was a doozy at work. In no particular order:
  • we have no strategy
  • we have no hope of a strategy
  • we have no leadership
  • we keep hiring more executives
  • we're getting no bonus
  • we're getting no promotions
QED: company future bleak

In addition to...
  • our department is evolving
  • non-strategy consultants need not apply
  • not a strategy consultant
QED: personal future bleak

And, last but not least...
  • on a project with a slippery fish
  • her boss defends her to no end
  • bitchy email yesterday that almost reduced me to tears
QED: the proverbial straw

Fortunately, two colleagues jumped in to keep me sane. Otherwise, I would have been tempted to walk in today and give my two weeks notice. Instead, I called last night to follow up on the round of interviews I had had earlier last month. I've still got the option open of taking a year off. It's tempting, but for now, I'm still waiting for that sushi to be ready.


mouse

PS: If all that's not enough, I've got bandwidth after the insanity of the last month and I'm getting bored.

No comments: