Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mid Year Review

Dear Friends and Family,

Work was marginally better yesterday. I had my mid year performance review. Mostly good stuff. I've got a couple of options for the next year. Stay on my team, recognizing the job has changed significantly from the job I was hired to do, and bone up and maybe be up for a promotion next year, maybe. Or, pack my bags and head into the unknown, and look for opportunities outside of our group which may be a faster path to a promotion.

I'm leaning towards the latter. But, I still reserve the right to leave in December when I hit my two year point and either A) take a year off and do nothing or B) look for opportunities outside of current work.

I think I'm in a good spot right now. I'm leaning towards looking for promotional opportunities now vs. hanging out in my group for another year on the off chance that one may come my way. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: