Wednesday, September 17, 2008

09.17.08 (Week 6, Day 5): Halfway through First Trimester

Dear Friends and Family,

Friday, we went in for our first doctor's visit. The nurse practitioner answered a bunch of our questions. And, they drew blood to confirm the pregnancy. We got the call Monday to tell us what we already knew. We're pregnant.

I've still been tired. Still have the frequent urination. Still have the slow digestion. And, the breast tenderness comes and goes. Interestingly enough, yesterday, there were two points when I was hungry, and I mean hungry. And, up until now, when I got hungry I got nauseous. So, I was afraid of being hungry. Well, yesterday, my hunger wasn't accompanied by nausea. Whoopee! Now, I don't have to panic and grab whatever happens to be on hand. I can take the time to find a healthy snack.

Overall, I think I've been really lucky so far. On "bad" days, the physical changes have been no worse than PMS. On "good" days, I don't feel any changes. The ratio of good to bad? Roughly two good for every one bad, although if you had asked me last week, I might have said the reverse. I can't complain. I've seen MUCH worse.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: