Friday, April 03, 2009

04.03.09 (Week 34, Day 7): Another Milestone II

Dear Friends and Family,

Where are we at now? 34 down, 3 - 8 weeks to go. Entering week 35.

Pioneer hit a new milestone today. Until week 34, doctors will actively work to delay labor because the baby is still significantly better off inside rather than outside. But, after week 34, they'll generally let the baby deliver if labor starts because the long term outcome is more manageable after 34 weeks. Pioneer's hit that statistical milestone. My next countdown chunk? Three weeks until week 37 which constitutes full term.

Pioneer continues to grow and wriggle. Not a lot new to report.

I've still got some burping, some cramping of my left calf and some pinching of the nerve in my left thigh. Still, I remain in high spirits and am not complaining because 99.9% of the time I feel fine. I did notice this week that my walking pace has slowed. I'm definitely not as fast as I used to be.

I had an odd incident on Wednesday. It may be TMI. I noticed after lunch that I had a wet spot on my pants. Then, I noticed a wet spot on my chair. But, when I went to the restroom, there was no corresponding spot on my underwear. I don't recall spilling any water at lunch. But, I guess I must have. Odd, but I can't come up with anything better than that.

Baby
Your baby measures about 20.25 inches from head to toe and weighs more than 5.5 pounds. Lungs are almost fully developed, but if born now the baby would probably be put in an incubator. It still doesn't have enough fat deposits beneath its skin to keep warm outside your womb.

Mom-to-Be
Your uterus is about six inches above your navel. By now your weight gain is probably between 24 and 29 pounds. Your doctor will test you for Group B streptococcus bacteria between now and 37 weeks. You may be getting more uncomfortable and not sleeping very well. You also may be getting more anxious about the labor and delivery, and you may even be moodier and more irritable.

Tip for the Week
Be sure you've collected the necessary baby clothes, equipment -- especially a car seat -- and furniture to get you through the first few weeks, at least.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: