Saturday, April 18, 2009

04.18.09 (Week 37, Day 1): Mildly Annoyed

Dear Friends and Family,

We went in for our doctor's appointment yesterday and got lots of good news. Pioneer grew at an amazing pace over the last two weeks and is measuring 65th percentile at 6 lbs 4 oz. I somehow doubt Pioneer was able to put on 2 lbs in two weeks, but still, growth is good. Pioneer still has plenty of amniotic fluid. And, I've only progressed to 3+ cm which makes me feel like the week at home was good for all of us.

So why am I mildly annoyed? I noticed this morning... a... stretch mark... going right down the mid-line of my abdomen. And, an army of red lines, kind of like the lines that mark of the sections of an orange, going down my abdomen. Not having a ton of experience on this front, I've applied a ton of thick lotion and put on my "ring" that I use to hold up some of my pants. Perhaps with the robes and yoga pants I've been wearing all week my abdomen hasn't been getting the support it needs. We'll see how it all goes.

Stretch marks, boo.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

healthy baby - yay! it's a fair trade off, no? glad baby's doing well - how 'bout some pix of the nursery progress? ;) xoxoxo