Monday, January 25, 2010

01.25.10: Meh

Dear Friends and Family,

Feeling better than Friday, but still not fully recovered.

Came home Friday feeling like I was coming apart at the seams - headache, stuffy nose, dizzy, nauseous, bad ankle, bad wrist, bad tooth, can the list get any longer? oh, and tired.

P was sleeping when Mr. mouse got home, so we sat in his car talking for a bit while she slept before heading out for dinner. We went for Indian, figuring it was one of a handful of dishes I had a hope of tasting. The most annoying thing happened en route to the restaurant...

We parked the car. P woke up. So, I decided to feed her in the car before heading into the restaurant. A car pulls up next to us and I wave him on. Well, the #$%@! car pulls up I kid you not like three more times to check if we'd left yet. Hey, @$$hole, give it up and find another spot. Okay? I'm breastfeeding my kid here and you're driving me crazy. And, when I'm done, we're gonna leave the car here for a couple of hours and go out to dinner. Amateur Night at the Improv.

Deep breath.

Saturday, Mr. mouse let me sleep in, playing with P while I caught a bunch of extra z's. We spent Saturday organizing the house. Then, we got bit by a bug and decided to take P to get her passport. We took a bunch of pictures in front of a white door, picked one with a huge grin and two teeth showing figuring the passport agent wouldn't be a huge stickler on the "no smile rule" since she's an eight month old. And, headed over to the post office. As we expected, it was a case of P and two unicorns. P enchanted her agent and the picture was submitted. We had a back up one with a more serious face, but it wasn't nearly as fun.

We finished out the evening with some Christmas gift exchanges that drove Mr. mouse through the roof. Amateur Night at the Improv II.

Sunday, P had tub time in the morning. Then, we spent the day installing the rest of our gates and going through our paperwork to file. Mr. mouse put up a big picture of the three of us from Halloween in the park. I love it.

P started really verbalizing this weekend. She's always made a lot of sounds, but now it sounds like full sentences, paragraphs even, except in baby talk. She also has gotten pretty good at cruising along her gate - pulling herself upright and walking the perimeter. She holds her own bottle now, although she still needs a little assist. And, she's a pro at the latch on thing - getting herself into position and opening wide. But, the most exciting thing to report, is a tiny syllable she's been making for awhile now, but beginning to use more purposefully - Meh...

I may be imaging it, but I think that's P's way of saying Mommy. I'm not sure yet, but there have been a couple of times now... I love it nonetheless.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: