Monday, December 13, 2010

12.13.10: Inevitable March to Year End

Dear Friends and Family,

It's December 13th and the steady march to year end continues.

I'm annoyed.

I need a vacation.

Work has been a constant non-stop barrage since... well, since forever, it seems. My potential vacation at the end of the week? Unlikely to happen since, well, work is too hectic. Instead of time off, I spent a good piece of yesterday working. Yes, that's a step in the right direction. NOT!

And, I think I may be working the week between Christmas and New Year's.

If you can't tell, I'm beginning to resent the toll work has taken on my personal life.

But, I want to give Mr. mouse the flexibility to make some decisions with regards to his work. So, I will continue to soldier on and try not to resent work too much.

What'd we do this weekend?

Saturday morning we took P in for a haircut and let her cry it out before the salon opened. Then, P and I went for breakfast with Auntie Janet while Mr. mouse came home to let the house cleaners in.

I can't think if we did anything after the house cleaners finished up. Nope. I remember now. P fell asleep on Mr. mouse's lap. We carried her to her crib and then went to our room for a monster four hour nap.

The afternoon was a chance to play. And, as if on queue, at 8, P asked to go out. So, we bundled her up and went out for a slice of pizza. She likes her Saturday evening jaunts.

Sunday, we woke up early because we all napped. Then, we went out for brunch. P napped. Mr. mouse got a tree. I worked. P played. I worked. We ate dinner. I worked. Mr. mouse did the lights. I worked. P went to sleep. I worked. Mr. mouse surfed. I worked. We all went to sleep.

See, that's how you want to spend one of the last weekends of the year. Working. Right.

Back to tree. P hates the tree. Or, rather, she is terrified of the tree. One look and she was crawling up my front trying to get away. I left her to help Mr. mouse bring it into the house and she stood there crying. I was holding her when Mr. mouse was leveling it and she turned and saw it gave a violent turn away and shuddered and cried and tried to get away.

We'll have to see if the lights and time get her more enthused. Or, if the tree thing will be a bust.

And, now, on the docket, gifts and cards. It would have been nice to get both done, but, I was too busy working this weekend. What kills me is that both require transit time and next weekend doesn't give me enough time for that so I'll need to tackle it one night this week.

Excellent.

I'm not even going to try and find a silver lining to any of this.


Cheers...
mouse

No comments: