Thursday, December 16, 2010

Back to Work

Dear Friends and Family,

Well, it wasn't quite as relaxing as I thought it could be. But, it was good to have a day off.

We got off of our morning routine which meant drop off didn't go as smoothly as it normally does. So, instead of embarking on my vacation adventure at 8, I was headed out the daycare door at 10:30. And, instead of picking up one present for my brother and being done with the shopping, I ended up on a non-stop glazed-eye tour of the area picking up Mr. mouse's dad's gift, and something for Mr. mouse and, to be honest, a bunch of random stuff for P. And, instead of a relaxing lunch reading a book, I ended up with a hurried lunch reading my blackberry. And, instead of catching a movie, I plodded back and forth through the mall. And, instead of beating the traffic home, I ended up getting stuck at P's holiday party and coming home at the usual hour.

But, all that being said, I guess it does feel good to have P's gifts purchased and to be down to two purchases left for this weekend - our annual tree ornament and Mr. mouse's step-mom's present. And, I guess I can try for an afternoon off next week, to watch HP7A.

In any case, it's back to work today. Hopefully, not too much craziness ensued while I was out. Okay. Who am I kidding? The piper must be paid. Sigh. Next time, I'll take a day off without any plans. We'll see how that goes.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: