Thursday, December 02, 2010

Planning and Working

Dear Friends and Family,

Another month, another chance to revisit our retirement savings. And, since it's the end of the year another chance to revisit savings targets for next year and another chance to revisit our investment portfolio for this year.

I'm happy with the progress we made this year. I think I'll up our savings next year by $200 a month. I've determined that Mr. mouse's severance will cover next year's savings if we need it to.

And, I think we're going to to a blanket sell off of any stocks we have that are still capital losses to offset our income this year to minimize our tax bill come April.

And, last, but not least, I continue to be grateful that we have been as fortunate as we have been. We're not wealthy, but we're more fortunate than most. And, for that, I am thankful.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: