Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Mouse Family Up

Dear Friends and Family,

3:30, P decided to get up and woke up both Mr. mouse and me.

I think it's a combination of molars and hunger that woke her. And, now she's being a whiny toddler while Mr. mouse gets her food ready. Sometimes she's so smart it's tough to remember that she's only a year and a half old.

Someone just asked to open the cabinet. I take complete blame for this because she saw me looking down there last night. Phew. Cabinet door closing. Disaster averted.

Well, Mr. mouse got more chores done yesterday. Router magically fixed. Closet rod re-installed. Which leaves P's haircut and a whole bunch of holiday stuff to do this weekend. Feels like it'll be fun and feels like it'll be relaxing. Just in time to still order gifts online. Just in time to enjoy my favorite time of the year.

I forgot to mention another developmental milestone. P started play acting with food, pretending to eat the popcorn from the catalog page and pretending to eat the sandwich from her book and pretending to eat the lemon from the kitchen island. Perhaps we need to feed her more. For now, I'm assuming this is play and not a sign of hunger so please don't call social services on us.

We weigh her weekly and feed her four to five times a day. I swear.

Time to go measure milk. Happy Tuesday.


Cheers!
mouse

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

I loved watching my kids learn and soak up everything when they were toddlers- well, except the temper tantrums but those didn't start till they were three. It is amazing how quickly they learn and remember! She sounds like a remarkable little girl. What a blessed family you are!

mouse said...

Thanks, Rochelle!