Thursday, December 09, 2010

Mouse and the Kitchen Counter

Dear Friends and Family,

Another day, another victory on the kitchen counter war front.

The island is still clear. I think Mr. mouse realizes it's giving me a measure of sanity and is helping to keep it clear.

I've mentally broken the kitchen counter up into four sections. There's the "area toe the left of the sink", the "elbow", the stove, and the "area to the right of the stove."

I've been concentrating on the area to the left of the sink. This morning, I did a little more incremental shuffling. Still left to resolve are two items - a candle I need to either use or store or toss and an empty ketchup bottle that Mr. mouse may have some emotional attachment to. That last statement is not as weird as it sounds. He had it made with a personalized label. Perhaps I need to look at removing the label like you would with a wine bottle. That's an idea.

Then, I can tackle the elbow, the next vast expanse of Hoarder's Delight that is our kitchen.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Haha! That's so funny. Clutter is so frustrating- especially when it's not our own. I'm going through the same thing with my 12 yr old daughter. She actually thinks I should save every piece of clothing she outgrows for when she has girls of her own! As if she would wear any of my 70's clothes from when I was a child-haha!