Friday, December 03, 2010

Progress, One Nibble at a Time

Dear Friends and Family,

We have a basket on our kitchen island. It's full of junk. Literally. Chicken flavored lollipops, four year old chocolate, buttons to clothes we no longer own, you name it, it can be found in the basket.

And, it was overflowing. And, I couldn't see a way out of it with a pack rat husband. So, I took it one step at a time and started throwing away one thing in it at a time. And, the bottom is now visible and I think I can empty it before the year is out.

And, then I can replace it with the bamboo we have growing by the kitchen sink. It's not something I love, but it is a piece of greenery that could serve as a focal point on the island. In any case, I bought the container it's growing in and I like it more than I like an overflowing basket of junk.


Cheers!
mouse

2 comments:

Trixie said...

chicken flavored lollipops. erm?

mouse said...

I gave them to a friend at work.