Monday, February 06, 2012

02.06.12: Being Anti-Social

Dear Friends and Family,

With a February of social engagements looming in front of us, and desperate for a good weigh-in, and unsure of my will power, and unsure of P's ability to stay away from the screen, we passed on the Super Bowl party last night.

Instead, we spent Saturday doing the last of the party clean up. And, because the weather was nice, P got to go for a walk with Mr. mouse.

And, on Sunday, we decided to go to the Science Museum, even if it was a gorgeous day outside. P loved the science museum. I can see us being regulars there which is 100% okay with me. And, I can see us getting a membership when she turns 3. She's free for now, so the break-even on membership is a lot higher than once we have to pay for her.

Sunday night, we read and played flash cards and took a bath and passed on the Super Bowl party. And, although I missed the food, I'm okay with this morning's weigh-in. So, I can't complain. Although, unlimited chips and salsa and guacamole and pizza and wings and Diet Coke would have been fun too.

I think one year I planned ahead and had chips (pre-portioned) and salsa and a Lean Cuisine barbecue chicken pizza and all the Diet Coke I could drink, and it felt good. Perhaps that'll be my plan for next year's Super Bowl.

It's not easy to forgo eating today for eating tomorrow. But, somehow, I can't see how I'll make goal without some sacrifice or change in behaviors.

Now, I need a plan for next weekend's Mardi Gras party.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: