Friday, February 10, 2012

Being a Parent

Dear Friends and Family,

Work is getting precarious - as, it always seems to at some point. This time it feels more complicated because, in addition to my job which feels uncertain at best, the company feels precarious and uncertain at best. This alone makes it more complicated than before. But, on top of that, because P is at school and her eligibility is tied to my work, it feels SO much more complicated than before.

Still, after working through all of the possible combinations, I think the best course of action is to leave her at school. I say this because I don't want to transition her twice in two years - seems like a lot to ask of a two-year-old - unless I have to. I'd rather transition her once, ideally when she's four, but if it makes sense earlier or later.

Perhaps I'd be more willing to do it if one or more friends were willing to make the move with her. Then, I'd feel better about it not being as disruptive.

Nonetheless, for now, I'm knowingly leaving her at school. I am knowingly working towards my idea. I am knowingly leaving myself exposed to getting laid off or having the company close on me.

I am knowingly doing all of this. Yet, I will try not to be surprised when all of this shocks me in the end.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: