Friday, February 24, 2012

Mouse Winter Cabin Time

Dear Friends and Family,

Some people would look on the five years I spent at the Mouse Winter Cabin as a waste of time. I didn't necessarily move my career forward. I didn't necessarily move my relationship forward. I didn't necessarily accomplish anything huge.

But, I think it was the best five years of my life. I had a chance to grow up. I met Mr. mouse straight out of school. And, I wondered if I would ever resent the fact that I never had a chance to be me. I would always be half of us, to a degree.

Those five years were a chance to be me. To grow into who I am today. I still saw Mr. mouse every weekend and I still talked to him every night, but it was still a chance to be me. And, I'm eternally grateful I had that opportunity.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: