Monday, March 26, 2012

03.26.12: Stars Aligning

Dear Friends and Family,

Let's dispense with the formalities.

Saturday, we returned the rental car. We ate lunch. I went to see Hunger Games while Mr. mouse played with P. We ate dinner at home. We went to the supermarket.

Sunday, we watched the F1 race. We played at home. Mr. mouse took P for a walk. I got a manicure as extra insurance for the week. We ate dinner at home.

Friday! Yes, I really want to talk about Friday.

Friday, Mr. mouse got a bonus. A good bonus. And, it reminded me, I haven't gotten a bonus in five years since working at my current job. Honestly, what am I still doing here? And, no, it's not me. No one's gotten a bonus in the five years since I've been at my current job.

Friday, I had lunch with a former colleague. Interestingly enough, she's seems like a different person since leaving her job and finding herself. I am fascinated with someone willing to earn minimum wage to get a foot into a start-up. Mr. mouse thinks I should spend some more time talking to her and assessing if there's a fit, if I think it will work. He tells me to trust my instincts.

And, today, I logged onto my email to find my paperwork complete. I have an official corporation.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: