Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Ow! My Finger!

Dear Friends and Family,

I'd write about my weigh-in, except it was a non-event.

And, P's finger got squeezed by a slamming door yesterday.

I got the call. I went to pick her up. She was sitting there puffy-faced, red-eyed, eating with her hand on ice. She looked so sad and forlorn, I wanted to cry. I scooped her up and hugged her and held her and sang to her and tried to comfort her.

We decided to leave school for the day. She napped in the car, then napped at home. She agreed to the Advil. And, we watched her all evening.

She keeps saying her nail is missing. And, she's a little gentle with the hand, but it looks like she's bending the finger and using the hand. The nail is completely black and blue. I hope it doesn't fall out.

It's been a stretch - tumbling down the stairs, falling out of her chair, falling out of our bed, and now this. Time to keep a closer eye on her for awhile.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: