Friday, March 16, 2012

Complicated Nail Biting Habit Revisited

Dear Friends and Family,

Time for a manicure this weekend. The cuticles are beginning to fray and three nails are bordering on overgrown. I know I will regret it if I try to make it another week to three weeks.

But, this is all good news. The nails are definitely in better shape now than they were two weeks ago when I got my first manicure and started my March challenge of figuring out my nail biting habit.

When I have to pee, I get up and pee. When I am hungry, I snack. When I am cold, I get tea or coffee. When I am stuck, I sit back and think. When I am bored, I find a way to occupy myself.

Wow. If one book can get me to kick this habit, I owe that author a profound gratitude for changing my life. Then again, it's only been two weeks. This is one I need to gauge longer than that since it tends to come back when I least expect it.

There might be additional cues out there that I haven't discovered yet.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: