Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Question on Automation Loops

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm rather pleased with the progress I've made on automating my life. I have a kitchen that stays vaguely under control. I have 10 short, but socially acceptable fingernails. I have a laundry bin that is manageable. I have a better oral hygiene.

But, there's only so much you can incorporate into an existing routine before it's not really an existing routine anymore. For instance, I think I have a decent shot at adding wearing my retainer to my evening teeth brushing routine. But, can I really add 60 minutes of yoga and trick myself into doing it? I think not.

And, when you remove things from a routine like checking email at lunch, then how do you add it back into another routine at home? See? This isn't all cake walk.

Oddly enough, habits take planning.

I'll have to think about this some more. I don't think I'm ready to add any more changes to the current house of cards. Before I know it, I'll be back to a mountain of stuff on the kitchen island, 10 nubbins on my fingers and a pile of dirty laundry.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: