Monday, August 20, 2012

08.20.12: Battling P Instead of Each Other

Dear Friends and Family,

Well. This weekend was better than last weekend.

We're still not completely happy with each other. But, we're in a better spot than we were last Monday morning so I'll consider that progress. Mr. mouse has been slowly verbalizing his list, but I'm sure there's more than what I've heard so far.

P is still struggling through some habits she's picked up out of nowhere that we're trying to kick. There's whining. There's screaming. There's whispering. There's crying when she doesn't get her way. There's relentless babble. Sometimes she's so precious. Sometimes she's so exasperating.

Last night, she was battling Mr. mouse over dinner. I don't know why the two of them always battle over dinner. But, at some point, I switched seats with Mr. mouse and he left to pick up bread and Diet Coke. And, P and I finished dinner together. Mr. mouse got back just as she was finishing her chicken and we were able to end dinner on a high note.

Later in the evening, she hit a rough patch when I told her she couldn't have a third book. So, I picked her up and carried her to her bed and put her in it. She cried and cried and cried and eventually asked for Mr. mouse. She found center enough to give me hugs and kisses and then read with Mr. mouse for an eternity before going to sleep.

The rest of the weekend? Saturday was a busy day with a haircut, concert, picnic and air show. Sunday was quieter with Target and groceries and pizza and nap. Oh, and we recycled an old printer and bought a 32GB memory card. It holds 3,000+ pictures on one card.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: