Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tackling Achy

Dear Friends and Family,

I should clarify. Not being able to have an adult conversation with Mr. mouse is a function of time and venue, not of capability. There's not a lot of time we have alone together. Most of the time, P is up and with us. And, she insists most conversations include her. She's fine with us talking, but she'll chime in so we're not talking about serious matters for protracted periods of time like we used to.

While I'm waiting for Mr. mouse to come up with his list (which he's conveniently putting off) I think it's not a bad idea to work on my own list.

I going to tackle being achy since that casts a pall over the whole day. There's a couple of theories on this. I can tackle external achy and internal achy. I can't control the weather which can at times make me achy. And, I'm not going to tackle an anti-inflammation diet right now because that's more work than I'm willing to commit to right now.

So, I'm going to tackle external achy. One easy thing is to get rid of the pillows on the bed and replace them with new pillows. They're older than dirt and I think they're contributing to achy. The other harder thing to do is to find time to stretch. There are times I feel like I'm wound tighter than a spring.

Time. Time. Time. Saying find time to stretch is a comical thing to say. For it to happen, I need to answer my standard habit questions. Trigger? Routine? Reward?

Trigger. I can't see myself squeezing it into the morning. I don't see myself squeezing it into the evening. So, that only leaves one viable time slot. After I give P hugs and kisses and she goes off to read with Mr. mouse.

Routine. Well, one thing I'll need to modify is my retainer routine. I think yoga without a retainer is better than yoga with a retainer. So, I'll need to put on my retainer after yoga instead of before. I like the idea of staying upstairs vs. coming back downstairs. So, that means it'll probably be in the bedroom in my pajamas. I should see if there are any good 15 minute routines that'll help me wind down.

Reward. Hopefully better peace of mind and less achy.

Okay. Let's see if I have this down: after I put P to bed, instead of climbing into bed and reading for a little bit, I will:
  1. do a little yoga
  2. put on my retainer
  3. climb into bed
  4. read a little bit
  5. go to sleep
Let's see if it works. Which reminds me, I need to start taking down laundry again. Somehow I lost that routine.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: I think I'll give Mr. mouse until September 10th to come up with his list. I'd rather he take the time to get it right than to come up with mumbo jumbo.

No comments: