Thursday, August 23, 2012

High Comedy at Work

Dear Friends and Family,

There's bullshit and there's bullshit. And, when it piles higher and higher, sometimes you think it'll envelope you. Then, you realize, you don't care. Except, sometimes you still do, a little bit, because there's this thing called professional pride.

Work has reached high comedy proportions.

There's the data that's been wrong for a month now. And, supposedly, at some point in the future, it will be fixed. Right.

There's the incompetent fool who decides to publish an "analysis" of my work without even consulting me. His results make no sense whatsoever, but it's getting play time nonetheless from people who don't step back and use some common sense.

There's the bunch of persistent and highly annoying consultants who seem to think I have nothing better to do with my day than cater to their needs.

There's a colleague who I thought was a friend who personally attacked me in front of a group of people for no good reason. Actually, he had a very good reason, he's angry and stressed and overworked. But, that not a good reason to take it out on me.

And, I'm sure there's more. But, that's what comes to mind right now.

No. Wait. There's one more. I knew there was one more. There's the system that magically breaks down every time they make "improvements" to it. And, it's malfunctioning and no one has a real clue why. Lovely. Oh, these are the same people who are working on my data issues. Even better.

You can't make this #$%@! up. Really. You can't.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: