Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Blues

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm feeling a little blue.

Yesterday, I had to say goodbye to two close friends. One is moving to New Jersey and the other is moving to Seattle. I'm so excited for them, but I'm going to miss them.

Another colleague is moving to Phoenix, but I wasn't very close with him so I don't think I'll miss him much.

And, I still miss our admin who left. She was a ray of sunshine no matter how dreary the day.

It's getting lonely at work. I'm happy for my friends who are moving on to bigger and better things. I'm excited about making progress on my idea, but I'll be honest, it's a little scary as well. I'm sad because work is such a drag on my happiness. The people that are left are a sad combination of desperate and incompetent and political and bitter. It's a wonderful place to spend the day. Really.

And, to top it off, the lunch bag was a bust. It was a lot smaller than the website implied. Sigh.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: