Friday, August 17, 2012

Free Mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Friday. It's August 17th. It's almost the end of summer.

And, it's a big day for mouse.

Yesterday, the official email went out from P's school that they are opening the doors of the school to the community. In other words, P's school is no longer tied to my work. Having made the commitment to stay at work until P went to school next fall, I am now free to renege on that commitment without any real impact on P's school experience.

I'm free.

Oddly, I don't think it'll change anything in the immediate future.

I'm still working on getting insurance for my company. And, then, I still want to try it out and prove it's a viable option. Then, I want to make sure I'm not doing something financially reckless. Then, I think I'll be ready to make a decision.

In the mean time, it is still a very different world for me today. Because the thing that did change was the pressure. If I get let go or if my position gets eliminated or any number of things, then P's school isn't impacted by my work change.

I'm free.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: