Thursday, August 16, 2012

Breathing

Dear Friends and Family,

And after all of the drama of last weekend, I'm at a standstill. I've given Mr. mouse until after Labor Day to come back with a legitimate list of what's bothering him. My chances of getting something workable aren't great since this isn't his strong point, but I'll tackle that when we get there. If I pull the deadline up, he'll revolt since he'll claim he didn't have enough time to think through it.

In the mean time, the other person in a funk is P. She had a rough day yesterday and we have a list of 10 possible reasons why. We talked through all of them and I don't think it's any one reason, I think it's the sum of a bunch of little reasons. Today, I'm going to talk to her about it all and let her know that it's okay to have sad days. At the same time, it's important to be aware of your emotions and not let them take over your day.

And, for me. Where is mouse? I'm plodding through my existence recognizing that overreacting now won't make it all better later. I think that's a key to resilience - not letting it all overwhelm you when it happens. Take a deep breathe and wait it out. Sooner or later the path forward will become obvious. Until then rampaging about won't make it better and will probably make it worse.

I had a bad day at work yesterday too. The numbers still aren't right. The group I'm working with is making stupid decisions. My boss is a putz. And, I can't figure out who to hire. Sad trombone.

On a positive note, I've decided not to make plans for July 4th which reduces my over-scheduling and crosses something off of my to do list at the same time. And, I've decided the lunch bag works so that crosses another thing off of my to list. And, I think the car oil light is fixed since I haven't seen it in a long time. Three down for the week. I'll call that good.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: