Monday, May 06, 2013

05.06.13: Work Filled Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Monday. Wow. Did the weekend go ever quickly.

Saturday, we had a haircut followed by a show at the Symphony followed by lunch followed by a birthday party followed by mattress shopping followed by dinner. And, I wonder why the day went quickly.

Sunday, we went to church. Then, I napped and P napped. And, then I worked through the evening. Seriously, I worked through the evening on a presentation for a job I know I will be quitting in the very foreseeable future.

There's nothing worse than giving 100% to something you're not 100% committed to. I'm sure there is. But, it requires a level of discipline and will power that only comes with experience powering through things that must be done even if they're unpleasant.

Fortunately, I know there's an end in sight to the recent long hours. We have a presentation tomorrow. After that life should return to normal. So, at most, I should have 24 hours more of this.

On the good news front, my doctor reduced my medication. I'm back on 1 pill once a day. I'm super focused on not letting my symptoms flare. I have an appointment in six weeks. I would LOVE if I could get off the medication at that appointment.

So, here's a top three update.
  1. my health: I'm not going to let anything get to me in the next six weeks. I'm not going to let anything get to me in the next six weeks. I'm not going to let anything get to me in the next six weeks. I'm not going to let anything get to me in the next six weeks. I'm going to continue with my probiotics, medication, Omega three caplets, calcium tablets, and multi-vitamis. And, I'm not going to let anything get to me in the next six weeks.
  2. I'm going to enjoy the upcoming weekends. We have P's birthday party. We have my nephew's birthday party. We have plans with friends from college. We have F1 racing. All fun things. I'm looking forward to the unofficial start of our summer. Last year, this all got convoluted with a trip to Hong Kong. This year, I'm hoping for a chance to enjoy the slow weekends with friends.
  3. will/trust: The one thing left to do before I leave work. Not something for this week, but perhaps after all of the birthday festivities are done with, this is something we can kick off.
Okay. Time to get ready for work.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: