Friday, May 10, 2013

Resilient mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

I think I learned a lot yesterday.

I took the bus and the train. It was a lot less tiring than driving. I learned that my commute is taking a toll on me and I will be glad when I know longer have to drive to work every day.

One of our management team members called me on the phone and chewed me out over something that is outside of my control. I could, if I were invested enough in my work, move mountains to try and appease him. I learned that I am just not that invested in my work.

The business isn't going well. They're (see, not we, not invested) are scrambling to make the numbers. I learned that the fire drills are only going to continue and they'll probably get worse before they get better, if they ever get better. I'm doubtful they'll ever get better.

What does that all add up to?

I don't like driving to work. Theoretically I could take the bus and train to work once P is in school. But, I'm tired of the fire drills that consume my days and I'm tired of getting chewed out over things that are not my fault.

It's time to leave, mouse. It's only a matter of when. Sometime between now and Labor Day I will give notice. What I do next is something I need to solve for. But, it will not be what I am doing now.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: