Monday, May 20, 2013

05.20.13: Birthdays, Check

Dear Friends and Family,

We flew down for my nephew's first birthday. P had fun going to the beach, coloring a piggy bank, and playing with my mom and brother. I had a good time catching up with my sister. We avoided the intervention with my brother because out of nowhere my mom claims that money is not a problem.

Sigh.

My sister decorated the house to a tee. She cooked up a storm. She made butter cream transfers by hand. And, outside of family, only three people came to the party. Two people stopped by for about 15 minutes at the beginning. And, after they left, one person came for about an hour. Both from my brother-in-law's work.

I think my sister needs to develop a network. She needs people to relate to. I'd get serious cabin fever in the same situation. I've strongly encouraged day care. Perhaps I should have strongly encouraged the ones where the parents stay with the kids so that she can meet other caregivers.

Still, it was great seeing my nephew and my sister and my brother-in-law and his parents and my brother. My mom was there too, but since we had her for a week alone, that didn't feel like as much of a treat.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: