Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Crossing Out To Dos and Trying Not to Feel Guilty about It

Dear Friends and Family,

I know I'm a basket case. But, here's the thing. Once I put something on my to do list, I hate crossing it out unless it's done. After all, some logic tells me that I put it on the list for a reason. But, then, other logic tells me life has changed and priorities have changed.

For example, I have on my list dental insurance. I had a new retainer made last year in August when my bottom retainer broke. I had a new retainer made in February when my top retainer broke. I filed for insurance because this orthodontist doesn't file on your behalf and my August claim got returned for missing paperwork. Theoretically, I should dig through the paperwork and figure out what is missing and re-file and then file the February claim. After all, this is real money, right?

Truth be told, just the thought of it all makes me want to curl up in a ball and pretend the world around me doesn't exist. Honestly, there's so much more I want to do with my free time like finishing P's baby journal or organizing the kitchen cabinets or playing with P or going for a walk or thinking of healthier lunch options or really just about anything.

I could hate my way through it or I can just be okay with the fact that I'm just not going to bother. I have my retainer. The orthodontist has his money. Nobody gets hurt. Nothing is illegal. I'll just need to find a new orthodontist when it comes time to do any other teeth work - one that files insurance on your behalf.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: