Monday, May 19, 2014

05.19.14: Big Kid Bike

Dear Friends and Family,

Saturday, outside of a quick eyebrow appointment and interminable thank you cards, we had the day free and to ourselves. It was wonderful. I think I'm going to make a quick rule of thumb. I am no longer going to schedule both days of a weekend, if I can help it. That means if we have something going on on Saturday, then I'm going to try and block out Sunday. And, vice versa, if we have something going on on Sunday, then I'm going to try and block out Saturday. It's ambitious, but I'm going to try anyway.

What did we do with our free day? We went bike shopping and P got her big kid bike with pedals. She's outgrown her balance bike so we may be taking it down to her nephew on our next trip down there. P's been busy getting her bike ready for a bike parade that she read about in Highlights magazine. We got a bell. Mr. mouse has been looking at streamers. She's been building a basket from a shoe box. And, there's more. I need to look at the article to understand.

Sunday, we had church followed by a lightening quick lunch. Then, P had back to back birthday parties that ended in her bawling in the street and having an accident when the pinata freaked her out, again. She passed out on the way home and slept until 8:30. I hope she's finally getting over her cold. We're trying to narrow down the reasons she's been impossible lately. It may be being sick. It may be allergies. It may be getting bored. It may be anticipating the changes that come with summer vacation. It may be being five.

Welcome to parenting.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: