Friday, May 30, 2014

Summer Vacation, Starting Off on the Off Foot

Dear Friends and Family,

I feel like I need to take a moment and re-group. My emails have piled up. I'm forgetting things. I'm losing things. This isn't good. And, I think I know why I'm a hot mess.

Well, it's two things. I need to finish off a photo book for school that is due in two weeks and I'm going to effectively lose next week because P doesn't start camp until the following week. So, I've been using my mornings and days to work on the book instead of keeping up with my life.

And, the second is a little more subtle. Due to poor scheduling, we haven't had house cleaning in close to a month and the house is a mess. I think it plays with the mind when the bathroom is not as clean as it usually is, when the floor is not as clean as it usually is, when the house isn't dirty, but it is not as clean as it usually is. I think my mind starts to degrade.

Anyway, I'm going to present P with a list for today of five things I want to do. I'll let her add five things she wants to do and we'll go from there and hopefully enjoy our day in spite of my feelings of being off. And, tomorrow, I'll try and finish the photo book and find the things I've lost and catch up in general.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: