Thursday, May 08, 2014

Gearing Up for the Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Thursday. P's party is on Saturday. And, we've still got a ton left to do which is not typical of us. Normally, we have this stuff buttoned away weeks in advance. But, this year, somehow April slipped away from us and we're now in scramble mode.

Wait. I know what happened to us. P had spring break. I lost my job. I quit my job. I spent a week catching up from two weeks of break and two weeks of drama. My parents came over. And, now it's two days before the party.

I also know what else happened. Mr. mouse and I do not do well in planning events together. We get mired in administrivia like what exactly goes in the favor bags. Will it be m&m's or dark chocolate m&m's? Really. Brown chocolate frosting or black butter cream frosting took WAY longer than I thought it should since P made clear she wanted a chocolate cake. How did black butter cream even make it onto the ballot? It must be because it looks better with the design P wants. Still. She wants a chocolate cake so anything that is not chocolate shouldn't even be part of the discussion. Now, if we had a choice of black chocolate or brown chocolate, I'd choose black chocolate. But, I digress.

We're two days away which means we need to start getting to done on some of this stuff. All I know is that between now and Saturday it will all get done and we will be able to enjoy the party.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: