Monday, May 11, 2015

05.11.15: Birthday Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

Instead of a birthday party, we decided to celebrate P's birthday with a weekend trip to Cincinnati, the city's whose name I can never remember how to spell. I'd either drop the extra n or add one more n and t. But, that's just me.

We flew over on Saturday afternoon for an overnight at the Cincinnati Museum of Natural History and Science. The theme for the evenings was Caves. We had two guided tours, one of a recreation of a limestone cave and one of cave art exhibit. Then, we had time to explore the museum on our own. P was precious as she led us for our own exploration of the cave. It was just the three of us. She was so cognizant of being quiet we couldn't help giggling. As a last desperate measure to remind us to be quiet, she put her left index finger on her lips and the right index and middle finger in the shape of a V in the air, the sign they use at school to remind the students to be quiet.

She slept like a champ. I couldn't fall asleep, so I spent half the night watching her.

Sunday, we flew back from our overnight. The two men in row 20 reminded me why I believe America can still be a great country. They volunteered to switch seats with P and me so that we could sit together. They made my day. When we landed, we checked into a hotel and let P go swimming. After a lunch of sushi from P's favorite restaurant, P went back to the pool with Mr. mouse while I napped. We drove home and opened presents before turning in for the evening.

I can't end this post without first writing about my Mother's Day present from P. Friday night, P stayed up with Mr. mouse and made a photo book for me. She had the idea and picked out photos from her first six years. She cut them out, pasted them onto pages and bound it as a book. I love it! It was the best present ever.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: