Thursday, May 21, 2015

Fun Times with My 6 Year Old

Dear Friends and Family,

P is always a little sad when Mr. mouse tells her he has a business trip. But, as long as it is a short one, she seems to do okay. In fact, to be honest, it's better than okay. We have fewer meltdowns, we get to bed earlier, we enjoy each other's company more. When the trips get long, we inevitably get the "I miss Daddy" meltdown that lasts for 20+ minutes, but with short trips it seems to be okay.

Mr. mouse left yesterday morning for a short trip. He'll be back today. Yesterday, P and I got ready in the morning. It was a little bit of a scramble, but we got to school about 5 minutes early so I'll consider it a successful drop off. If we had been super efficient, we would have had time for a doughnut and the bus, but I'm not going to be picky. I picked up P in the afternoon and she had a play date with one of her close friends from school.

We ate dinner together. P played while I filled the tub. She had a bath followed by tub time. We got into our pajamas, brushed our teeth, and went to bed together. We both slept through the night. I'll consider it a success.

Today, we need to get to school a little early so I need to go wake her soon. Hopefully today goes as smoothly as yesterday did.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: