Friday, May 08, 2015

Happy Friday

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday, I packed all of the bags and headed out to buy P's presents. I found a cute dress, a fun Playmobil set, and added a batch of headbands and hair clips. Mr. mouse ordered a book she wanted and I had thought ahead and ordered one book and two sewing kits she wanted. It's not a lot of stuff, but there's not a lot of stuff she wants or needs so it feels okay. My sister and both sets of grandparents are getting the big gifts. She's getting a teal version of her recital dress from my sister and a new bicycle and helmet from the grandparents. They both want to buy it for her so we're letting them split the bill. She's a lucky kid.

Yesterday, I also found a sewing kit for one of P's best friends. The two of them were born less than a week apart and her friend asked us to join them for their birthday dinner. It was a special night. We're a lucky family.

Speaking of birthday dinner, I survived the birthday dinner with no ill consequences. I ate a lighter lunch which in a way set me up for success, but in an illogical way set me up for failure. I was starving by 2 o'clock which meant I would be ravenous by dinner time. So, I improvised and bought a Diet Coke to have in the afternoon. It kept the hunger at bay so I walked into the restaurant feeling sane. Normally, when we eat at this particular restaurant, I munch on tortilla chips. Then, I have a tamale. Then, I have 2-3 fajitas because they are so yummy. Last night, I skipped on the chips and the tamale and waited for my fajitas. I had two fajitas followed by a handful of chips. I had a tiny piece of birthday cake and left feeling like I did better than I would have done without my eating plan. I'm a lucky mouse.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: