Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Happy Hump Day

Dear Friends and Family,

Dinner last night was good. My girlfriend and I had a chance to catch up, mostly on the personal stuff that's hard to talk about with large groups. Ah...

The gas company came yesterday too. They replaced our gas line last winter. Well, yesterday, they installed new sod for us which needs to be watered daily until it grows ~5 inches. Suffice it to say, this morning was a battle with the sprinkler - getting it set up correctly, making sure I had adequate coverage, and all of the finer details that elude me. I just don't get it. Why would any sane person want a lawn and all of the requisite maintenance? Why?!?! Also, just to whine a bit more, why couldn't they install the sod on Thursday before our 4 days of solid rain? Why?!?!

BTW, our dandelions are growing in beautifully. I can't wait until Sunday, our Scotts trial.

In other late breaking news, I found out a close friend of mine is considering leaving the company. I will miss them if they do decide to leave.

Well the balance of good (wine and conversation) and bad (lawn and potentially moving friends) is what makes Wednesday that classic balance day aka hump day.

Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's with the "close friend"???