Monday, May 22, 2006

Mouse's "Big" Day

Dear Friends and Family,

Today was supposed to be "the big day". In the end, it was more than "a little day", but not quite the big day it originally was supposed to be.

I had a meeting with the new boss. And, he really helped me put all the baggage of old boss behind and start with a clean slate. I'm not sure where this will all lead, but I hold out faith that it'll end better than it would have today.


The analogy I'll use is... And, I'm not sure I've got the right to use this analogy, since I've never been in prison... But, here goes nothing...

Say you're a prisoner, and they came to tell you you're free to leave - the door is open, whenever you want to go, it's your choice. There's a lot of excitement with being able to leave, but there's some comfort in your cell and your routine. If you don't remember life before prison, you might be perfectly content not leaving at first. In fact, you might even be a little scared of the world out there.


Okay, so the analogy isn't perfect. But, that's how I felt this morning.

Well, I'll still celebrate the small victories in life, like how much I appreciate new boss' words today. I think I can learn a lot from him.

Today is a brand new day in mouse's life.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: